The Atlantic Salmon Classroom Hatchery Program is occasionally looking for classes to host a classroom hatchery and classroom mentors to provide support to established classes. However, the waiting list for classroom hatcheries is currently over 80 schools long, and we are seeking funding to hire additional staff to once again grow the program. Responsibilities and duties for both classroom mentors and schools are outlined below.
Must be within the Greenbelt or the neighboring areas from Burlington to Cobourg and up to Peterborough:
- Must be grade 4 or 6 (or split 4/5, 5/6);
- Materials and hatchery units are provided;
- Schools are responsible for busing to stocking sites.
- In-class maintenance support for classroom hatchery;
- Provide assistance with the in class hatchery to share fishery knowledge with the class.